Waka Flocka Flame has accused Rick Ross and other rappers of stealing his sound and ‘watering it down’.
Referring to producer Lex Luger’s instantly recognizable synth-and-drum structure, Waka says other rap crews are trying to profit off the popular sound by putting out poor imitations.
“My sound put life into a lot of people’s careers. I feel like my sound changed hip-hop. Period,” the Brick Squad affiliate told Complex magazine.
Although he doesn’t mention Ross by name, Waka took an obvious shot at Maybach Music Group for piggybacking the production style, adding: “This n***a out here making 30 f**king songs with your sound.”
“He watering it down, just putting words together that sounded good. S**t would be harder if it was the truth.”
“N***as built labels off our sound — like, literally. You know how many n***as sound like Lex Luger and Southside? I go in n***as’ studios, all their beats sound like my producers. I be like, What the f**k?”
Do you agree with Waka’s point?
Possibly Related Posts:
- Rihanna Steps Out In Nipple-Baring Top Showing Off Check The Pics!
- Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s Lawyers File Emergency Motion To Have Him Spend The Rest Of His Sentence On House Arrest Or He May Never Fight Again!
- 50 Cent – OJ feat. Kidd Kidd Official Music Video
- New Music: Trey Songz – 2 Reasons ft. T.I.
- 2 Chainz Feat. Cap 1 – “Turn Up” Official Video!