Waka Flocka Flame has accused Rick Ross and other rappers of stealing his sound and ‘watering it down’.
Referring to producer Lex Luger’s instantly recognizable synth-and-drum structure, Waka says other rap crews are trying to profit off the popular sound by putting out poor imitations.
“My sound put life into a lot of people’s careers. I feel like my sound changed hip-hop. Period,” the Brick Squad affiliate told Complex magazine.
Although he doesn’t mention Ross by name, Waka took an obvious shot at Maybach Music Group for piggybacking the production style, adding: “This n***a out here making 30 f**king songs with your sound.”
“He watering it down, just putting words together that sounded good. S**t would be harder if it was the truth.”
“N***as built labels off our sound — like, literally. You know how many n***as sound like Lex Luger and Southside? I go in n***as’ studios, all their beats sound like my producers. I be like, What the f**k?”
Do you agree with Waka’s point?
Possibly Related Posts:
- 50 Cent Hot 97 Interview Talks Troy Ave, G-Unit, The Game, Jay Z, Rick Ross, SMS Making Audio Products For Disney, WSHH, Al Sharpton, Jimmy Henchman, MJ & More
- South Korean Ferry Sinks 4 Are Dead 292 Missing
- Tyga Ft Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne – Senile (Official Music Video)
- August Alsina Talks ‘Testimony’ Album, Flirts W/Angela Yee, Donnell Rawlings Fanning Out, Trey Songz Beef, Taking Care Of His Deceased Brother’s Kids & Rich Homie Quan
- Jhené Aiko – Comfort Inn Ending (Freestyle)
Filed Under: Featured