The hugely talented emcee was enrolled at the Coral Reef Academy by his worried mother just as Odd Future’s anarchistic raps caught the hip-hop world’s attention in 2010.
A campaign to Free Earl immediately became the group’s unofficial slogan – but in this newly released footage, it looks like he wasn’t having such a bad time over there after all.
In a recent interview with the New York Times, Earl, real name Thebe Kgositsile, admitted his time working with rape victims at the camp had been a ‘pivotal moment in his life’, hinting a change in direction from the violent imagery that became a hallmark of his early releases.
Watch the clip below as Earl rides waterfalls, enjoys pizza around campfire and generally keeps himself busy doing the sort of chilled out ish you’d expect on a beautiful South Pacific island.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Terrence Howard Claims He’s Too Broke To Pay Ex Spousal Support!
- Good Look: Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson In Biopic?
- Phoenix Sun’s PJ Tucker Arrested for “Extreme DUI”!
- Video: Keyshia Cole Says Diamond (Crime Mob) Smashed Ex Husband Daniel “Boobie” Gibson!
- Balling! Patrick Peterson Becomes The Highest Paid Corner Back In The League!