As 19-year-old rap phenom Mac Miller preps the release of his debut album, Blue Slide Park, he hinted about possible collaborations with L.A. rapper Casey Veggies and producers Just Blaze and the legendary Pete Rock.
“Those are definitely my homies,” Miller tells XXLMag.com. “Case and I, that’s my close homie and we always got stuff brewin’ up. Just [Blaze] is a real close friend of mine and we got some more stuff brewin’ up, and then me and Pete Rock got a record coming, too.”
The XXL Freshman’s story sounds quite different from when we spoke to him last week. During that time he was focused on keeping his album feature free, sans for songs already recorded with Chuck Inglish of The Cool Kids and Lil B producer Clams Casino.
The Pittsburgh native has already released an EP and a handful of mixtapes. The latest, Best Day Ever, spawned the viral single “Donald Trump,” which has garnered more than 16 million views on YouTube and drew the attention of The Donald himself, who tweeted Miller on Tuesday (July 12) and co-signed the song.
Miller said he will leak Blue Slide Park album details closer to the release date – slated for sometime in the fall – but wants to keep fans guessing for now.
“I’m trying to keep my album in a mysterious place and let people wonder what’s gonna happen with it,” he said. “The only thing I can say about it is it’s gonna be awesome. It’s a game of chess out here I gotta play.”—Lauren Carter
Possibly Related Posts:
- Lil Boosie Talks Black on Black Crime, Gimmicks in Hip Hop & Monogamy On NiteCap With Peter Bailey.
- Peter Rosenberg Speaks On What Really Happened Between Amber Rose And Wiz Khalifa
- ESPN’s First Take Debate: How Much Trouble Are The New England Patriots In Steven A. Smith & Skip Bayless Discuss
- K.Foxx Talks To Trina About Her New Single, French Montana, & The Kardashians
- New Video: Joey Bada$$ – Christ Conscious