Don’t try to pigeonhole Nicki Minaj. In XXL’s forthcoming May issue EIC Vanessa Satten asked the latest cover girl if she gets tired of being labeled a woman rapper and the Young Money rep revealed that her current position is just a stepping stone in her career.
The rising star is confident that one day she will be more than just a chick who can spit. “You know what, I’m a female entertainer,” Nicki clarified, “but I don’t let it offend me when people call me a female MC or female rapper, because I just look at it as a challenge.”
“I’m about to climb over every single barrier and just put females on a different map altogether,” she continued. “So I take it as it comes. Like, I don’t think in five years people will consider me a female rapper—I’ll be, like, an entertainer. But, as of right now, I get it. I started off in the underground hip-hop circuit, so I’m a female rapper right now. But it’s just the beginning.”
Possibly Related Posts:
- Word On The Street: Wiz Khalifa & Khloe Kardashian On Steamy Date?
- Shy Glizzy Ft. 2 Chainz & A$AP Rocky – Awwsome (Remix)
- Meek Mill Ft. Lil Boosie – F*ck You Mean
- Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan – Chainsaw Massacre
- Mixtape Download: Dej Loaf – Sell Sole